Monday 18 April 2011

From my island (2009)

From my island I can watch as my every need is fulfilled

From my island I can watch as my enemies are smote

From my island I can see all the calmness in the world

From my island I can see all the things I’ll never achieve

From my island I can see my family

From my island I can see what all my friends will look like in 40 years

From my island I can see what I’d look like if I lost weight / had surgery / cut off my hair

From my island I can see blinding white blonde sand

From my island I can see what she sees in me

From my island I can see what my mum wishes she could change about me

From my island I can see yachts which are worth more than my parent’s house

From my island I can see a pile of my favourite fruit

From my island I can watch my unborn children play

From my island I can see a happy, healthy life for myself

From my island I can see why I need to be alone now

From my island I can see how much I am loved

From my island I can see a letter that I wrote long ago but didn’t send

From my island I can see my bravery retreat across the horizon

From my island I can watch my fearlessness ebb away

From my island I can watch the waves erode, destroy and scar

From my island I can see the people I love leave me

From my island I can watch as two people fall in love

From my island I can watch two people dance themselves into oblivion

From my island I can smell the shrimp cooking

From my island I can smell the sea full of salt and piss and tears and joy and death

From my island I can smell decay

From my island I can hear the latest chart toppers

From my island I can see pools of light

From my island I can see the rockpools

On my island I can savour every breath

On my island I can see every promise I ever made

On my island I can see other people cuddled up

On my island I can see my reflection in others

From my island I can see a carnival of happy people

From my island I can see planes

From my island I can see the stranded

From my island I can see moon and stars and sky

From my island I can watch snow turn into ice

From my island I can see skyscrapers

On my island it’s getting dark

On my island I can see thick air

On my island I can see everyone I love

On my island I can see everything I’ll never do

On my island I can see a pile of clothes. They’re not mine

On my island I can see a light

On my island I can see a spark

On my island I can see something stirring in the dark

On my island I can see a path I’ve never walked

On my island I can watch reality blur

No comments:

Post a Comment